Friday, March 28, 2008

Debunking Old Theories

Theory #1: The Sweet Facade

One time, I was talking to Mac over the phone, a good friend of 22 years...
Mac: "Nabasa ko yung blog mo"
Me: "And?"
Mac: "Mabait ka raw? (chortling at the background)"
Me: "Oo raw."
Mac: "Sinabi talaga nila yun? (more irritating chortle sound)"
Me: "Oo nga raw, kaya nga nasisigawan na lang ako ng kung sino-sino."
Mac: "Eh ang sungit-sungit mo kaya! Balahura ka rin eh!"

And there goes the long 22 years of so-called friendship.

Theory #2: I can sing well

Some people say that I have a good singing voice. And so whenever there's a videoke party or some singing events in school, I've always been tossed into the centerstage, either singing solo or with a group. And so when this really old friend asked me to sing for her wedding, I told my mom about my friend's requested song...

Me : "Mommy, familiar ka ba sa song?"
Mom: "Bakit, kakanta ka ba?"
Me : "Oo raw. So maganda ba yung song?"
Mom: "Bakit ka kinuhang kumanta?" (obviously ignoring my question)
Me : "Eh ewan ko."
Mom: "Kumakanta ka ba talaga?"
Me : "Uhmm...minsan...sa school...sa plm dati...kung saan-saan. Bakit?"
Mom: "Wag ka ng kumanta. Nakakahiya naman."

Wooh mom!

No comments: